DIY a Farmhouse Herb Drying Rack

Dry your herbs and add a decorative touch to your Farmhouse Kitchen with Annie Lang's DIY drying rack free project.

It was a great year for my outdoor herb garden but the time has now come to harvest and dry what I can to be used for the long winter ahead.  Since I don't have a kitchen window to grow fresh herbs indoors and a cat who loves to indulge in anything resembling greenery, I had to come up with a way to safely dry my garden delights while keeping them handy for kitchen use.  Up until now, I've been hanging them "willy-nilly" from cabinet knobs and kitchen peghooks which simply isn't practical.  So here's what I came up with to work for my limited kitchen wall space.  I already had a 9" x 12" board which I painted white and then streaked with wood stain.  The two Command small wire hooks I used were those I had on hand which I sprayed with green paint to match my board lettering.   The tree branch "rod" was one from my grandkid's outdoor "enchanted fairy forest" and the herbs were naturally harvested from my outdoor garden!

Dry your herbs and add a decorative touch to your Farmhouse Kitchen with Annie Lang's DIY drying rack free craft project and pattern

I handpainted the lettering but could have easily used my electronic machine cutter and a sheet of matte vinyl.  I've included the lettering pattern if you'd like to trace and transfer the design onto your own wood board.  The entire Farmhouse Herbs Drying Rack project took only a few hours to complete.  My cat is not happy now that it's loaded up with herbs and hanging up on the kitchen wall out of reach, but I sure am!  Enjoy and feel free to share this project with your online friends and family or on your Pinterest page.

Comments