Shuttered Again!

Fun home dec idea from Annie Lang
I purchased this pair of old shutters and with a few on hand supplies, turned them into a unique wall décor item.  The original shutters had a distressed look that didn't suit my home décor so I lightly sanded and then painted over the finish. I could have put a mirror, glass or textured fabric behind the scrolled opening to add more interest, but chose instead to leave it as is.  A pair of hinges holds the two shutter panels together to create a single item.  Hangers were placed on the back and it's now on display over my buffet server. 
Hanging It Up
I've always had a little trouble when it comes to hanging home dec items evenly on the wall but here's a tip you might find helpful when it comes to spacing the wall hooks so they match the hangers.  Once you've placed the painter's tape as desired, use a level to make sure it's even before you start poking holes in the wall! 

Annie Lang's fun home dec tip