DIY a Wooden Charcuterie Serving Tray

Annie Lang shows you how easy it is to make your own wooden DIY charcuterie tray to serve and entertain your guests in style
Whether it's a holiday celebration or just a quiet night at home entertaining a few friends, you can serve your guests in style by making your own wooden charcuterie tray.  After pricing numerous trays both in stores and online, I decided to make my own food safe tray and it was surprising easy to do and the cost was less than a trip to McDonalds!  I was tempted to paint a design on the tray, but I fought the urge and made this a simple serving tray to use for any occasion.  

Annie Lang shows you how easy it is to make your own wooden DIY charcuterie tray to serve and entertain your guests in style

I bought all my supplies at our local home improvement store.  It took about 4 hours to complete from start to finish and much of that time was spent sanding.  Since this was a new wood board, I applied 3 coats of wax following the manufacturer's directions.  There are numerous finishing products available to make your serving tray both waterproof and 100% food safe.  Many products need to cure before use which is why I chose to go with the Walrus Oil Wood Wax.  It's easy to use and I can apply it to all my cutting boards, wooden utensils and butcher block kitchen items. 

Annie Lang shows you how easy it is to make your own wooden DIY charcuterie tray to serve and entertain your guests in style

Comments