How to make Fabric Wall Art

Annie Lang shows you how to make dimensional wall art using fabric fat quarters and craft supplies because Annie Things Possible when you DIY

While cleaning out my craft supply closet I found both new and used stretched canvases saved from former painting sessions.  Since I try to repurpose as often as possible, giving the art a "makeover" while decluttering my storage closet seemed like a very practical solution.  I covered over 2 older canvases (used for teaching demonstration paintingswith fabric from my crafting stash.  I then painted a new blank stretched canvas with black craft paint and adhered them together to create a dimensional wall art home accent to hang and enjoy all season.  By simply changing the fabrics, I can also make wall art suitable to any season or room theme I choose.  I still have quite a few used canvases to use up and plenty of fabrics tucked away on my shelves for future wall art projects.  Cost for the finished sample project shown above was under $10 after hitting a 1/2 off Spoonflower sale for the fat quarters and already having the canvas on hand.  You can also purchase new stretch canvas items at discount prices in the craft department at Walmart or on Amazon.  I hope you'll give this project a try using the step-by-step tutorial below because it's easy, fun, versatile, practical and totally Fabulous!

Annie Lang shows you how to make dimensional wall art using fabric fat quarters and craft supplies because Annie Things Possible when you DIY

Annie Lang shows you how to make dimensional wall art using fabric fat quarters and craft supplies because Annie Things Possible when you DIY
Annie Lang shows you how to make dimensional wall art using fabric fat quarters and craft supplies because Annie Things Possible when you DIY

Annie Lang shows you how to make dimensional wall art using fabric fat quarters and craft supplies because Annie Things Possible when you DIY

Comments