Making it with Scraps

Annie Lang's easy project ideas for what you can make with fabric scraps  because Annie Things Possible when you craft!

I must confess that I have a rocky relationship when it comes to my sewing machine!  Though I've owned one all of my adult life, I've mostly put it to use for hemming curtains, altering and repairing my clothing and for crafting small project.  I am however, a passionate fabriholic and my heart skips a beat any time I walk through the fabric aisles, captivated by the colors, textures and irresistible urge to buy something!  As a textile designer, I find great joy in creating repeat patterns, experimenting with color combinations and the simple challenge of creating something fun that can be used for future projects keeps me creatively motivated.  While recently organizing my craft shelves, I decided it was time to pull my scraps out of the bins and put them to everyday use.  Since a making a quilt is well beyond my skill level, I did an internet search to see what more talented experts were doing.  Here are a few of the projects I came up with that I wanted to share with my fellow fabriholics who most likely have even more fabrics in their stashes than I do!  Hope you get creatively inspired and please enjoy! 

Annie Lang's scrap fabric craft project ideas potholders and jar bonnets because Annie Things Possible when you craft!
I made these by the dozens to use in my kitchen, tuck into gift baskets, keep on hand for hostess giveaways and kitchen shower gifts! Here's the website post I used for inspiration:

https://www.marymarthamama.com/crafty-cat/easy-peasy-potholders

Annie Lang's scrap fabric craft project ideas drawstring pouch bags because Annie Things Possible when you craft!
I made lots of these quick and easy little drawstring pouch bags in just minutes to hold everything imaginable. They make great hostess surprises, too.  Here's the video I watched for inspiration:


 
Annie Lang's scrap fabric craft project ideas for making fabric covered flower pots because Annie Things Possible when you craft!
Using ModPodge is so very easy and fun to work with.  Not only did I cover terra cotta pots, but it also works for paper mache boxes, lampshades, wood plaques, journal covers, canvas board and more. Here's the website post I used for inspiration:

Comments