Here's what you'll need to complete the project as pictured above:
- 12" x 16" canvas
- 2" bristle paint brush (or use a sponge brush if you don't want to show strokes)
- Flat brush size 6 (to paint letters)
- Liner brush (to make background stars and dots)
- Wood word cutouts (I purchased locally for less than $1 but found them online if you prefer to purchase via home delivery) Love Smile Laugh Dream You'll also find a trace and transfer pattern below.
- Craft Adhesive (I used E-6000)
- Acrylic Craft Paint: Purple, Blue, Yellow, White, Pink, Aqua, Lt Green
- Crystal Glitter (optional)
Use the large brush to apply a coat of white paint to the canvas to make the colors easier to blend. While still wet, paint a large stripe of purple, then blue and then yellow as shown.
B. Basecoat the wooden letters. C. Apply a second coat and then blend of your choice of color to the bottom half of the word.
When dry, attach the letters to the painted canvas with adhesive. To add more sparkle, brush clear crystal glitter over the entire canvas. Let dry, hang it up and Enjoy!
|Right Click and Save the full size pattern!|